Mercy – Midway Specialty Care Center
Bertamaria Dieguez, MD
Miami, FL 33133
Monday – Thursday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Saturdays by appointment only, please call office to schedule.
The mission of Midway Specialty Care Center, as a not-for-profit clinic, is to provide our patients a comprehensive infectious disease care center, with primary care, and access to behavioral health services, gynecological care and nutritional support. Our dedicated team of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, and pharmacists work to provide total patient care with dignity to those living with an infectious disease.
New Patient Forms
All new patients should complete the forms and keep the reference document for your files.
Save time before your first visit, by filling out paperwork at home.
When you have completed them, please sign, and bring them to your appointment at Midway Specialty Care.
Please call us if you have any questions about these forms. We look forward to serving you!
- Download the forms to your computer by clicking on the “download the forms”.
- Print the form and fill it out with a pen.
- Bring the completed forms with you to your appointment.
If you have trouble with the forms, you may also arrive at our office 15 minutes prior to your appointment and we can provide copies for you to fill out.
We accept most commercial insurances. Please call the office in advance to verify if we take your insurance. We also accept Medicaid and Medicare. If you do not have insurance, ask for a case manager to work with you on a self-payment option, using a sliding scale based on your household income and family size.
Bertamaria Dieguez, MD
Bertamaria Dieguez has been practicing infectious disease since 2016. She is a graduate from Universidad Iberoamericana, School of Medicine located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center – New York Medical College in New York, New York. Dr. Dieguez completed her fellowship in lnfectious Diseases at NYU Long Island Hospital in Mineola, New York where she served as chief fellow.
She is on the medical staff at Mercy Hospital and Baptist Hospital of Miami. She is board certified in both lnternal Medicine and board certified lnfectious Diseases. Dr. Dieguez is a member of the lnfectious Disease Society of America and American Academy of HIV Medicine.Dr. Dieguez is passionate about treating a wide variety of infections including HIV, hepatitis, osteomyelitis and endocarditis. She has authored several medical publications and has participated in several local health committees and panels. She is a Miami native and enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
All patients are expected to be an active participant in their health care by:
1. Assuming responsibility for certain aspects of their care.
2. Providing the health care team with a complete medical history including access to prior medical record.
3. Preparing for their appointment by bringing a list of their medications and any questions or issues that they have with regard to their diagnosis and treatment.
4. Following the Care Plan that the health care team has developed for them and communicating to the health care team any deviation from that plan.
5. Contacting the clinic for advice before going to the Emergency Room for non-urgent conditions.
6. Working with the care team to learn how to self-manage their care.
Call to schedule an appointment in our Mercy Office at (786)772-0320